Saturday, December 10, 2011

Verdae = Hope.

As many of you will probably ask, why the name Verdae? Well, leave it to my grandma, who has chosen many of my dog/puppy names, to choose this one. I came to her asking for a list of Italian “V” names. There were many that she listed, some very beautiful, some not so much… When I came across verdae (spelled as verde, of course), I told her, “You realize a German Shepherd is black & red, not black & green, right? She chuckled and said, “Yes, but in Italian verde can mean one of two things- 1. The color green, or 2. Hope.

Well, after hearing that verde meant hope, that named jumped to the very top of my list. When I was considering an Alta-Tollhaus dog a few months ago from the “S” litter, I had one name chosen, and that was Speranza. Speranza also means hope in Italian.

Hope /hōp/ – (Noun) – A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.


Animals have a way of teaching us about loving, about loyalty, joy and
friendship… And whatever we’ve shared in their presence can never really be lost. –Unknown.

I read this in a book once: “From time to time, when a certain person and a certain dog meet, something happens that is just like magic! It is as if they have known each other before. Each knows what the other is thinking and feeling. They will be together always.” I truly feel this way about My Verdae Man! He is everything I could have hoped for plus some! Thank you Julie, for breeding my best friend!

Verdae at Petco. Think he got that toy? Definitely...

Looks like we have another Alta-Tollhaus dog that loves my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment